Pupil funds and loans are designed for pupils who’re learning at e.g. college university, college or college that is vocational. If you should be avove the age of 20, you can even make an application for pupil funds and loans for studies at compulsory and top additional degree at Komvux (adult training university) or people highschool.
dining Table of articles
- Information because of the Corona virus
- Size of funds and loans you are able to receive
- Demands and conditions
- Application, research payment and assurance
- Offer notification if you become sick or if any such thing changes
- Repaying the learning education loan
- Appealing against a determination by CSN
Pupil funds and loans for studies in Sweden
Playtime: 03:47, English message
The loan you need to pay off. It is possible to decide to use entirely for the grant, should you not desire to simply just take away that loan. The mortgage possesses low-value interest and doesn’t need any safety, and you might be able to settle it more than a period that is long. In 2020, the interest price is 0.16 percent.
Information as a result of the Corona virus
Read more how the Corona virus affect the learning pupil funds and loans from CSN.
Size of grants and loans you’ll get
exactly exactly How big is the funds and student education loans you can receive depends e.g. on
- your price of research (full-time or part-time)
- how many days you might be learning for
- how big your earnings.
|1 week, SEK||4 months, SEK||20 weeks, SEK|
|Grant||823||3 292||16 460|
|Student loan||1 892||7 568||37 840|
|Total||2 715||10 860||54 300|
Other funds and loans as you are able to submit an application for
Some pupils can get more grants or borrow more income.
- For those who have custody of young ones underneath the chronilogical age of 18, it is possible to make an application for additional kid allowance.
- When you yourself have worked into the past and received a particular minimum earnings, it is possible to make application for a additional loan. You are able to get this as of the you turn 25 year.
- You may receive an increased grant element in your student aid if you are studying at compulsory or upper secondary level and satisfy certain conditions. You may also get this if you should be learning for a complementary academic programme leading up to a subject teacherâ€™s degree. Whenever you make an application for pupil funds and loans, CSN checks whether you might be eligible for the increased grant, and that means you don’t need to make an application for it.
- When you yourself have extra expenses connected with your studies, you are able to in a few instances make an application for yet another loan. For instance, you may have charges for dual housing or for specific trips.
In the event your income exceeds the earnings restriction
The earnings limit temporarily eliminated during 2020
Because of the Corona crisis the earnings restriction is temporarily eliminated during 2020, if you study with student funds and loans ( studiemedel ). Which means your earnings during 2020 will perhaps maybe not impact exactly exactly exactly how much pupil funds and loans you’ll get.
You’ll get earnings up to and including specific amount without your pupil grants and loans being impacted. The earnings limitation is determined per calendar half-year, January-June or July-December. In the event your earnings surpasses the earnings restriction, you aren’t eligible to the level that is same of and loans.
The income limitation is dependent upon just just how several weeks you’re learning for and whether you might be learning full-time or part-time. For instance, if you are planning to learning full-time with pupil funds and loans for 20 months in a calendar half-year, the earnings limitation is SEK 90 075. You can observe your revenue restriction in the decision you receive from CSN.
Needs and conditions
Different needs and conditions must certanly be pleased to ensure that one to be entitled to student help.
- The education you shall be going to must give the entitlement to pupil finance.
- You need to be registered in your courses.
- Your studies must be at the minimum 50 % of full-time and must endure for at the very minimum three days.
- You should be below the age of 57. The entitlement to borrow decreases through the you turn 47 year.
- You might perhaps not get specific other advantages at the exact same time as getting pupil funds and loans, such as for example task help, sickness advantage and introduction advantage.
- It is possible to just receive pupil funds and loans for the amount that is limited of. The amount of time depends upon the scholarly training degree which is why you might be learning:
- University university, college or several other education that is post-secondary an optimum of 240 months
- Upper level that is secondary a maximum of 80 or 120 days, based on your past training
- Compulsory school degree: no more than 40, 80 or 100 months, based on your past training and just what you’re learning.
- You must have satisfied the requirements as regards credits in order to receive new student grants and loans if you have previously studied with student grants and loans or an education entry grant. Certain requirements regarding credits differ dependent on which course you might be learning.
- You may not receive student grants and loan if you have unpaid annual fees or demands for more than one period. Contact CSN to find out more.
- If you’re likely to study abroad, unique rules use.
Extra conditions and terms for international residents
If you’re a international resident, you need certainly to satisfy unique conditions to be entitled to Swedish pupil finance. You will usually be entitled to Swedish student finance if you have a permanent residence permit and live in Sweden.
When you have gotten a short-term residence license through the Swedish Migration Agency as you have refugee status or comparable, you’re also frequently entitled to Swedish pupil finance.
In addition, various rules use based on whether you might be a resident of a country within or away from EU/EEA or Switzerland.